Monday, July 11, 2011

Last Night in Idaho

I feel like that should be a lyric in a song. Well, tomorrow we ship off again to the land down under, o.k. really it's just Provo and there isn't anything actually Australian about it but it is south of Idaho Falls. And, it's 11 o'clock at night. I know that for some that means the night is just starting, but for oldies like me that's quite a late night.

Tomorrow Cory has a physical in Provo, and then shoooo, we're off into the hilly Wyoming and the bland Nebraska with only the computerized voice of out GPS for comfort on our grand adventure. It's really quite lucky that I have only 3 followers seeing as I usually write right before bed, or if I'm in a strange writing/blabbing mood. That way there's only 3 people who know how weird I really am.

Today instead of resting from my labors like I should have I did homework. I'm not crazy about doing homework on Sundays, and I really try and avoid it, but I just felt like I had to work on it if it was going to get done on time. So my blah mood is affecting my writing tonight, I sincerely apologize.

So as far as writing goes I've completed 2 first drafts of 2 different stories, and started doodling with a third one. I also am dying to write a poem about Cory's parent's back door. It's this great old piece of wood that usually has a faded sheet/pillow case covering a small rectangular window. It has loads of personality from the chipping layers of paint to its surrounds in the kitchen. I really want to crank it out in something I'm writing. A poem would rock, but maybe I'll put it in a short story I'm working on.

Speaking of writing, I really need to get better at posting what I'm working on for those out there who care about what I'm working on. I'll try to get on that when we finally settle back down from our grand adventures across the U.S. of A

Well, goodbye Jello Belt, hello Bible Belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment