Friday, June 24, 2011

Santa Monica and the end of residency

We absolutely loved Santa Monica pier. It was much better that Hollywood and Venice for a number of reasons (sorry if you love either of these places) The streets were much cleaner which was nice. There were a ton of street performers; some crazy, and some talented. We enjoyed watching everything from a man in a wheelchair singing Christmas songs to an older woman salsa dancing to performing parrots.

Now to residency. This time around I had a blast in lovely Culver City at Antioch. I knew more of what to avoid in lectures, so that helped a ton. Writing workshop went a lot smoother, and I was more able to connect with workshop pieces. And of course it helped my Cory and Jordyn came out early so that I didn't have to go as long without my family. I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks before Cory starts medical school when we'll just have time to spend together. Now that residency is over I have load so of work to do, and I can't wait to start working with Kerry. She's such a change from Richard (who is very talented, but Kerry is more what I like). Well, here's to the semester to ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment