Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A newer resolve

Ok, so it has been almost a month since I posted last. I'm becoming a lame blogger again, so I have a newer resolve to be a better blogger. Despite the fact that Jordyn is currently trying to attack my computer and I am fending her off with my leg. Ah, motherhood.

Since we've moved into our new apartment, I've been on a decorating frenzy. For some reason I hate everything, and feel like nothing is cute enough. So room by room, I've been working on where to put the furniture and worrying about the walls and personal affects later. Today Jordyn and I went to the Dollar Store, love that place, and purchased 4 bunches of fake flowers. When we got home I took some scrapbooking paper I already had and lined glass vases with it. Then I put the fake flowers in and seperated them to look a little fuller. Now I know that there are those who say if you like flowers enough to put them in your home NEVER use fake ones, but to those I say if you had my budget and liked flowers you'd buy fake ones too!

Other than that I've been working on filling up my days without spending hours watching T.V. and can I just tell you that it's a lot harder than it sounds. Yesterday I baked bread, cleaned hte house, made some cinnamon bread, made dinner, ran some errands and still had time to watch 4 hours of T.V. Today I ran some more errands, took a nap, visited a friend, and did some more chores, and it looks like I will again have a few hours to watch some tube. I suppose that will come one thing at a time, and hopefully it counts that I'm trying not to be a couch potatoe.

Off to make dinner, and to keep Jordyn from eating my journals!

No comments:

Post a Comment