Monday, September 12, 2011

Clean House?

Why is it that every time I clean my house no one sees it, but as soon as I leave the dishes from making/eating dinner the night before and entertaining Jordyn has made a huge mess people randomly come over? It happened to me twice last week. I even cleaned my house more than normal last week, and still a ton of people saw it looking crazy. Ugh. Oh well, I suppose that's just life reminding me that I'm still human.

Another random tangent: friends that grow apart. So I'm really bad at "keeping in touch" with people that I couldn't live without while we were in the same place at the same time. I don't know how people do it. I'm not sure how you go about continuing a relationship when you live hundreds of miles apart.

Yet another tangent: I'm reading Beloved, and it's driving me crazy. Toni Morrison is truly an artisan with words. What she writes is beautiful and thick, but I can't seem to keep it down. I don't know what about the story is rubbing me the wrong way, but I have 50 pages or so left and I can't seem to make it through. However, I have 2 more days to get my homework done, so I don't really have a choice but to push through and get it done. I've been stuck running into a wall, and I can't seem to feel my way around it. It's probably because I'm distracted by other things in my life, but still I would love to get back into writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment