Saturday, March 13, 2010

Percy Jackson, eh?

So I've now read Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, and I'll have to say that it's o.k. Look I'm a fan of Greek Myth. and I like the twist, however he's not the best writer.

Percy, the main character, is this punk kid that gets kicked out all the schools he graces with his presence, and just in the nick of time it turns out that he's actually special. Whew! I thought he was just a teenager with an attitude. Ha! No, in reality it's a fair read. I have hopes; not high ones, but hope for the rest of the series.

Going back to the writing style, he's an average writer with an o.k. story. I did dig the few moments of originality, but I would like to see some more originality Rick Riordan. Even kids don't want to see what's coming. I felt like every other page I knew that someone a punk teenager kid would never talk to in the first place was going to turn out to be a death threat for the kid. So on a scale of Harry Potter 10 and Collapse -15 I'll give it a 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment